One of the fields of competence at BiomassConsult is technical assistance of wood pellet and wood chip production plants. Our technical specialists have in-depth knowledge of the technologies used within the industry. They are professionals with many years of work experience at large industrial facilities.
The technical specialists are experienced in designing, installing, commissioning, operating and managing pellet production lines. They make production plants run more conveniently, stably, efficiently, and profitably.
At the stage of technical assessment of the investment project, the specialists can assist in the development of a realistic long-term development strategy. This will help to avoid exceeding the budget and violating the deadlines for the project implementation.
In countries like Russia, over the past decade, many major pellet production facilities have been built. Many of these plants struggle to reach their projected production capacity, suffer from down-time and inefficiency, and consume too much electricity per ton output.
Increasingly strict European requirements on energy efficiency
Regarding European subsidies on biomass as a renewable energy source, the minimal efficiency of reducing GHG emissions is becoming ever more strict. Using too much electricity per ton pellets, is not only expensive, but can lead to losing customers.
Energy efficiency can be improved in several ways. The specialists have experience in best practices. The problem can have a technical cause (the equipment used, and how it is used) or, for example, can lie in the qualifications and motivations of personnel.
Solutions for pellet producers
- Assessments of the whole production process, analyses of bottlenecks, and providing solutions;
- Increasing production levels and efficiency, reducing operating costs, identifying hidden production losses, and lean manufacturing;
- Evaluation and training of technical personnel (mechanics, maintenance and automation engineers) and of production personnel (operators and production managers);
- Implementation of an optimal maintenance management system of the production line, procuring the right service equipment;
- Assistance in choosing the appropriate supplier of spare and wear parts, and consumables (dies, rollers, bearings, oils and greases, sieves, hardware, etc.).
Technical solutions for contractors and engineering companies
- Assessment of new designs, technical and constructional solutions, and chosen machinery;
- Evaluating the commissioning of new production lines;
- Solving problems on-site for contractors or technology suppliers. Independent assessments of the exploitation of production lines in practice (from raw material supply, to issues regarding work ethics and structure);
- Service support, improving efficiency of equipment and personnel. Assessments in finding and solving bottlenecks in pellet production, in order to reach production capacity. Trainings of personnel;
- Technical and technological support. Development of technical specifications and improved exploitation and problem-solving descriptions.