SBP - The Sustainable Biomass Program. The program was founded by the largest consumer enterprises of industrial pellets of the European Union in order to comply with the subsidy systems of the fuel and energy complex on the way to the transition to the use of renewable energy sources.
The SBP certificate is needed primarily by pellet manufacturers who sell their products to the markets of Denmark, Great Britain, the Netherlands and Belgium. A trade company is the second main object in the supply chain and it must also have this certificate.
The most important aspects of the program:
- Sustainable forest management;
- Balance of greenhouse gas emissions.
The requirements for sustainability and legality are confirmed through compliance with the FSC or PEFC certification systems. If the supplier of raw materials does not have one of these certificates, then according to the certification scheme, it is possible to pass the certification procedure according to Standard 1 of the SBP system, which is an analogue of forest management certification.
What is the preparation for an audit assessment according to SBP standards:
- Writing a report on the resource base in two languages (The first version in the official language of the country of origin and the English version);
- Development of SBP certification guidelines (data collection procedures and methods);
- Preparation of a data collection table on the consumption of raw materials and energy for production and logistics;
- Overview of the final data.
Choosing BiomassConsult as a consulting firm, you choose:
- A leader in the market of SBP and ENplus consulting services, which has implemented more than 200 projects in Russia, Europe, the USA, Canada and Southeast Asia;
- Unique experience of BiomassConsult team specialists from Russia, Portugal and the Netherlands;
- Assistance with the selection of an audit company, support from the application to the conclusion of the contract;
- High-quality instructions prepared in accordance with the requirements of the standards of the certification scheme;
- Translation of required documents into English;
- Support and assistance for audit;
- Assistance in eliminating possible non-conformances.